Alamuchee-Bellamy Covered Bridge
Built in 1861 this wooden truss is one of the oldest covered bridges in Alabama. Duck Pond is not the original spot; it first crossed the Sucarnoochee River. In 1924 it was disassembled and reassembled over Alamuchee Creek. In 1971 it was once again disassembled to be built at its current place. It once allowed Civil War soldiers to pass but today it is a campus access route for students attending the University of West Alabama.