Transfiguration of Our Lord Church
This historic Russian Orthodox church was built in 1901, the traditional cruxiform towers topped with small onion-shaped steeples. In summer the location is quite sublime with meadows and wildflowers and a backdrop of the water, mountains, and volcanoes. The deceased rest in two different cemeteries next to the church; one is for veterans only. To get there turn west onto Orthodox Avenue from Sterling Highway. The church is occasionally open to the public - call 907-567-3409 for more details.