Large

Hopi House

Saves: 12
Check-ins: 14
Hopi House's location is on the South Rim and was built by the Fred Harvey Company in 1904 as a concessioner facility. It was the first of eight projects designed by architect Mary Colter (Angel Lodge, Hermits Rest, Lookout Studio, Phantom Ranch, Desert View Watchtower, Colter Hall, and Victor Hall). It functioned as a market for Native American crafts. The Hopi as the historic inhabitants of the area were chosen as the featured artisans and the building resembled a traditional Hopi pueblo. Hopi House is a component of the multi-site Mary Jane Colter Buildings National Historic Landmark.

Member Photos

Medium
Medium
March 20, 2022
Medium
March 20, 2022
Medium
March 20, 2022
Medium