1883 Schoolhouse

Saves: 13
Check-ins: 26
It's the oldest standing structure in this beach city, its clapboard exterior well-preserved more than a century later. The school closed down in 1928, but has remained amazingly pristine with help from the Encinitas Historical Society. For now the schoolhouse is only open on Saturdays from 10 to 1 but check the Encinitas Historical Society website for current information or call (760) 942-9066. Entry is free but donations are always appreciated.

Member Photos