Blackwell's Corner General Store

Saves: 0
Check-ins: 1
Blackwell's Corner derives its name from George Blackwell, the founder of a rest stop established in 1921. Swiftly gaining popularity, it served as a favored rest point, offering travelers both fuel and food. Notably, this spot marks the location of "James Dean's last stop." James Dean and his racing mechanic, Rolf Wütherich, were en route to Salinas for a race. Regrettably, a mere 26 miles from Blackwell's Corner, at the crossroads of Highway 46 and 41, the legendary actor crashed his car, meeting a tragic end shortly thereafter. (Submitted by Jason Night)