Large

Mission San Miguel Arcángel

Saves: 7
Check-ins: 4
Father Fermin Lasuen founded this mission in 1797, the 16th California mission to be established. In 1833 the property became secularized but the U.S. Government returned the mission to the Catholic Church in 1859. Inside the church are painted walls, all the original artwork of artists from the Salinan tribe. Next to the church is a cemetery with the remains of 2,249 Native Americans listed in the mission's burial records. The mission still holds services; see the website for days and times. The gift shop is open on Saturday and Sunday from 10 AM to 2:30 PM For the museum's current schedule check the website or call (805) 467-2131. (Submitted by Velis Berniece)

Member Photos

Medium