Oldest Church in Los Angeles
Our Lady Queen of Angels Catholic Church or "La Iglesia de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles" in Spanish was first founded in 1814 by a Franciscan priest. The structure was first completed in 1822 but renovations and a bell tower were added in the 1870s. Since then the church which is near the famed Olvera Street marketplace has been retrofitted for earthquakes. The church which still holds Mass and Catholic ceremonies is simple, yet beautiful in the old Mission style.