Oldest Fire Station in LA
Built in 1884 Old Plaza Firehouse, otherwise known as No. 730, is the oldest fire station in Los Angeles. It was designed to house firefighting equipment as well as an on-call crew and functioned as a firehouse until 1897. Through the early 1900s it was used as a saloon, low cost lodging of ill repute, and a market. The old brick building was restored in the 1950s and in 1960 it opened as a firefighting museum displaying equipment from the 19th and 20th centuries.