Large

The Oakridge Estate

Saves: 4
Check-ins: 7
In 1937 glamorous movie star Barbara Stanwyck and architect Paul R. Williams undertook the challenge of building a 6,000-square-foot Irish farmhouse. It was then called the Marwyck House, but got its current name when the Oakie family purchased it in 1941. The land was purchased by the city, saving it from developers and preserve it for posterity. (Submitted by Christine Peeples)