Warehouse No. 1 was constructed in 1917 and played a vital role as the Port's sole bonded warehouse. Its establishment was crucial for Los Angeles' trade ties with Europe, especially after the Panama Canal opened in 1914. This historic landmark holds the esteemed title of being a California State Historic Landmark and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. While certain sections of the warehouse are still operational, it has also gained popularity as a favored filming location for movies and TV shows.