Old Stone House
This simply-named structure is the oldest in DC to remain as it originally was in 1765. It was privately owned and used for a variety of purposes - including as a used-car dealership. The government finally got the inkling that this elegant building should be guarded for posterity and thus purchased it in 1953. It has been open to the public since 1960.