Large

Panton House Burial Site

Saves: 3
Check-ins: 1
Panton House was originally built in 1785 as the headquarters of the British firm Panton, Leslie, and Co. Overlooking Pensacola Bay in the Gulf of Mexico, this one-third scale replica was built in the mid 1900s after the ruins of the old building were removed. A marker near the replica marks the approximate burial place of Alexander McGillivray, the influential Creek leader, who died in 1793 and was buried in Panton's garden. (Submitted by Anthony Von Plinsky)