Fort Armistead

Address:

Latitude & Longitude:

Saves:

18

Check-Ins:

2

Description:

Update: Fort Armistead Park is currently closed to the public until further notice due to the collapse of the Key Bridge.

From 1901 to 1920 Fort Armistead was a coastal defense fort that defended Baltimore, MD. Today it's a great spot for urban explorers - concrete ruins surrounded by woods. The Francis Scott Key Bridge is visible from the fort, allowing for spectacular photographs. Parking is very convenient; just follow Fort Armistead Road to its end.

(Submitted by Valerie Baum)

Tags:

History • Ruins • Street Art