Built in 1883 in Minneapolis, MN, the Bardwell-Ferrant House's first owner, Charles Bardwell, envisioned the house being built in the Queen Anne style. The second owner, Emil Ferrant, remodeled the house in the Moorish Revival style. Then the Norwegian architect Carl F. Struck continued with some additions like two onion domed towers, a wraparound porch, ogee arches, and stained glass windows! Later on in 1898, the house was move to another location at 2500 Portland Ave. S. in order to make way for a bank building. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.