The Old Schmidt Brewery Building

Saves: 0
Check-ins: 2
The Schmidt Brewery, originally Cave Brewery, has been a fixture in Saint Paul since 1855. It became Minnesota's largest brewery by 1860 and survived Prohibition by producing non-alcoholic beverages. After changing ownership multiple times, it ceased production in 1990. The space was later acquired by the Minnesota Brewing Company in 1991, producing Landmark Beer until closing in 2002. After various transitions, including ethanol production, the brewery site transformed into the Schmidt Artist Lofts in 2012, with the former keg house repurposed as the Keg and Case Market. (Submitted by Travis Flasch)