This cotton plantation was one of the crops to benefit from the fertile Mississippi Delta. It was an 8,000-acre estate but is now recognizable by the historic landmark - the plantation commissary. Much of the old interior structure is visible through the windows when it was a general store for sharecroppers post-Civil War. J. M. Heathman bought the land in 1871 thereby giving his name to it. Unfortunately, he died not too long after from a fatal horse-kick.