Nebraska State Capitol
The Nebraska State Capitol was designed in 1920 by a New York architect named Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue. The building was constructed of Indiana limestone. The state capitol houses the primary executive and judicial offices of Nebraska and is also the home to the Nebraska Legislature. Known as the "Tower on the Plains," its 400-foot-all tower can be seen from miles away. In 1976 the National Park Service designated the capitol a National Registered Historic Landmark.