Large

Pony Express Station

Saves: 7
Check-ins: 8
This rustic building was carefully disassembled bit by bit and moved to its current location where it was put together again. The walls are all original but the roof is new. It was once on the Oregon Trail, used as a Pony Express Station from 1860-1861. In the 1950s two enterprising teens started a gift shop inside the empty building and a museum ensued soon thereafter. The surroundings are beautiful too, especially in spring when the city Arboretum is in full bloom. (Submitted by Christine Peeples)

Member Photos

Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium