Carleton Covered Bridge
Built in 1869, this wooden Queenspost truss bridge goes over the South Branch Ashuelot River, a connection for drivers on Carleton Road. It is the only one of its type in New Hampshire. The length is just over 67 feet, all of it held steady by granite supports. Supposedly, there was once another bridge right on this spot built in 1789. There are two nearby covered bridges - Sawyer's Crossing and Slate, both located about two miles in different directions from Carleton.