Abandoned Central Railroad Terminal
New Jersey's abandoned waterfront Central Railroad Terminal was also known as the Communipaw Terminal and the Jersey City Terminal. During its 78 years of operation (1889-1967), the terminal was serviced by a number of railroads such as the Reading Railroad, Baltimore, Ohio, and Lehigh Valley Railroads. The terminal was one of five railroads dotting the Hudson Waterfront during the dawn and into the height of railroading! The railroad has been listed on the New Jersey Register of Historic Places and on the National Register of Historic Places as well since 1975, making this abandoned railroad a New Jersey State Historic Site.