Old Barracks Museum
The Old Barracks Museum (a.k.a. Old Barracks) in Trenton, New Jersey, is the state's only remaining colonial barracks. The barracks were authorized in 1758 by the colonial legislature to house soldiers during the French and Indian War. Nearly 300 soldiers were housed at a time. Half the building was bought in 1902 by the members of the Daughters of the Revolution while the other half was bought by the state who formed a museum in 1914. Today the museum continues to be open and supported by the state.