Also known as the Roger and Mary Philipse Morris House, The Morris-Jumel Mansion is located in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. This is the oldest house in the borough which was built in 1765 by Roger Morris, a British military officer. This house served served as headquarters for both sides in the American Revolution. In 1961 the house was declared a National Historic Landmark. It's exterior was designated a New York City Landmark in 1967. It's interior followed in 1975 and it is now a house museum.