Perrine's Covered Bridge
The second oldest covered bridge in New York was named after James Perrine who was a tavern keeper on the east side Wallkill River in the early 1800s. The bridge was built in 1834 soon after his death. The wooden Burr arch is only for pedestrian use. Set in a woodland area in New Paltz, the bridge can be part of a nice weekend getaway in the countryside.