Abandoned Center Theater
Opened on March 3, 1941, this theater catered to Lenoir's 7,500 residents. This was when segregation was in full force and the theater was designed in such a way to facilitate this abhorrent practice. There were separate entrances and seating arrangements to accommodate the city's African-American population which numbered around 1,500. The theater closed down some time around 2009.