Blowing Rock 1888 Museum
This small cottage was once a part of the Watauga Hotel, but now is the last one standing. It houses historical items from the hotel and from other local establishments. In 1888, the Watauga served summer travelers who rented the small cottages for a mere $15 per month. One of the rooms is furnished as it would have been in the late 1800s, complete with a chamber pot and wash basin. The museum is open daily and admission is free.