Cape Arago Lighthouse
The first tower was built lower on the island in the 1800s, but the low quality of the light as well as erosion meant that it would need to be replaced. In 1906, the second lighthouse was built higher up on the island, but after two decades worth of erosion, a third one was built. The third tower was built in 1934 and is the one that is standing still today. It is now on land owned by the Confederated Tribes and is considered sacred ground. The island and the lighthouse are not open to the public but there is a nice viewing spot on the beach of the mainland directly across. It's best to park at Sunset Beach and then walk the rest of the way to the viewing point.