Giant Steel Cross
"The Great Cross of Christ" as it is called, is constructed of locally rolled steel and weighs in at over 30 tons! The cross was erected in 1950 and paid for with donations of hundreds of Methodist churches before World War II. The cross reportedly can be seen from miles away on a clear day. A fence around the base of the cross deters vandals.