Large

Lumberville-Raven Rock Bridge

Saves: 1
Check-ins: 1
This sturdy pedestrian-only crossing is one of two such footbridges going over the Delaware River. It was constructed and opened in 1947, but closed down briefly in 1993 for badly needed repairs. This isn't the first bridge to cross this part of the river; its predecessor was built in 1856 for vehicles but was washed away by a violent flood in 1903. Another vehicular bridge was built in 1904, but was shut down in the 1940s in order to build a new and improved version. The bridge today is completely safe for would-be walkers as the 1993 project included a new deck and better lighting.