Large

Soldiers and Sailors Monument

Saves: 2
Check-ins: 1
Dedicated to Lancaster's Union soldiers who died in the Civil War as well as soldiers and sailors who gave their lives in subsequent U.S. conflicts, this 43-foot-tall Gothic Revival monument was built in 1874. It is located at the Fulton Bank Quadrant of Penn Square. It's also the site of the former Lancaster courthouse where the 1744 Treaty of Lancaster was signed by the British and Iroquois. (Submitted by Shirley Beauchemin Thurston)