Black Point Ruins
Also known as the Scarborough Ruins, these scant walls overlooking the ocean were once a part of a 21-room mansion. The estate was built in 1895 for the Davis family who made their fortune selling a painkiller made with opium. After it was abandoned in the 1950s, the mansion sat vacant and finally was claimed by a fire. Today, it's a starkly pensive addition to a rocky coastline. There is a small parking area on Ocean Rd. and Clarke Rd. The small trail leading down to the beach (approx. 300 feet) can also be found here.