St James Santee Episcopal Chapel

Address:

Latitude & Longitude:

Saves:

0

Check-Ins:

3

Description:

The construction of St. James-Santee Episcopal Church took place in 1890 with the purpose of serving as a chapel-of-ease for the congregation within the St. James-Santee Parish. This parish, founded in 1706 by the Church of England, provided a place of worship for French Huguenots who sought refuge from religious persecution after the revocation of the Edict of Nantes in 1687. The church holds the distinction of being the initial parish established beyond and the locality came to be known as the French Santee.

(Submitted by Kelli Seeman-Smith)

Website:

Tags:

History • Spiritual