Large

Chapel In the Hills

Saves: 8
Check-ins: 0
Located near Rapid City, South Dakota the Chapel in the Hills church was dedicated as the home for the radio ministry of Lutheran Vespers on July 6, 1969. The chapel is an exact replica of Norway's Borgund stave church which was built around the year 1150. On the site there's also an authentic log cabin museum built in 1876 by Edward Nielsen, a Norwegian immigrant who was a gold prospector from Hole, Ringerike, Norway. A grass-roofed house called a stabbur serves as a visitor center and gift shop. (Photo by Katja Engstrom)