Queen Bee Mill Ruins
The Queen Bee Mill ruins are located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and were built between 1879 and 1881. When the mill opened it could process 1,200 barrels of grain daily and its elevator could hold 1,000 bushels. All five of the city's rail lines had connections to the mill but the mill never met it's capacity resulting in its bankruptcy only two years later. After several owners, the mill became a warehouse until fire destroyed the complex in 1956. All that remains of the mill are its foundations and the grain elevator.