1892 Bishop’s Palace
Also known as Gresham's Castle this extravagant Victorian estate measures over 19,000 square feet. It was completed in 1893 at a cost of $250,000 (with inflation over $7 million today). Walter Gresham and his wife commissioned the house designed by architect Nicholas Clayton. There the Greshams and their nine children lived until 1923 when it was bought by the Roman Catholic Diocese. Bishop Christopher Byrne used the sumptuous abode as his residence thus earning the estate the name "Bishop's Palace." It is open every day from 10 AM to 5 PM and costs $14 for adult admission.