Jeff Davis County Courthouse

Address:

Latitude & Longitude:

Saves:

1

Check-Ins:

3

Description:

Constructed in 1910 this Classic Revival-Beaux Arts courthouse is noted for the six Doric columns at the front of the building and the Seth Thomas timepiece on the octagonal clock tower. It was named for Jefferson Davis who would later become known as the president of the Confederate states. This government building is still in use today - and has the distinction of having the highest elevation of any of the Texas courthouses.

(Submitted by CJ Boales)

Website:

Tags:

History