Crystal Hot Springs

Address:

Latitude & Longitude:

Saves:

2

Check-Ins:

0

Description:

Crystal Hot Springs, initially known as Madsen Hot Springs, was established as a business in 1901. The springs fed a pool in a large building until a fire caused by lightning destroyed the facilities in 1937. A new lodge was constructed in the early 1940s next to the pool. During World War II, President Roosevelt initiated a rehabilitation program for wounded soldiers and Crystal Hot Springs became one of the springs used for this purpose. Over a three-year period, hundreds of buses carrying wounded soldiers arrived at the Springs. Today, over 100 buses visit the Springs annually, now filled with tourists from around the world, often making a stop on their way to and from Yellowstone.

(Submitted by Cheryl Kottom)

Website:

Phone:

Tags:

History • Scenic