This park and preserve is located on the mouth of the Columbia River and has twelve historic buildings. The fort's construction was finished in 1906, supporting the defenses along the river. The buildings were used to house officers stationed there. Two artillery guns were transferred to the site in 1993. Today, a couple of the buildings are used as vacation rentals and another is used as a museum and interpretive center. During the summer hours are from 6:30 AM to 9:30 PM and winter hours are 8 AM to 5 PM daily. A day pass costs $10 per vehicle.